Florida's medical marijuana law was passed in November, 2016. Since then, many Floridians have registered for marijuana cards and successfully purchased cannabis products at state-licensed facilities. All signs point toward continued growth in the years ahead, regardless of whether recreational sales are ever legalized in our state.
Medical Cannabis is Booming in Florida
Consider the numbers:
- Medical marijuana patients accounted for 1.6 percent of the state's population in August, 2019
- The State reported an average increase of 609 patients each day
- The number of dispensaries has more than tripled since November, 2016
- Medical cannabis spending in 2018 is estimated to have been $626.4 million
- There were 304,405 qualified patients with an active ID card in Florida as of January, 2020
- Some experts estimate Florida's marijuana industry will grow by 6 percent during the next 5 years
- 22,000 pounds of smokable marijuana products were sold between July and December, 2019
With new patients entering the medical marijuana registry every day, the process to obtain the card is more streamlined than when things first got started. If you qualify, we'll make sure you know exactly what to do next and how long you can expect to wait before you can buy marijuana (usually 5 business days for the listing with the State to become active).
Is It Right For You This Year?
Perhaps you're considering medical marijuana for the first time. Or perhaps you've used it in another state or are searching for a different marijuana doctor in Florida. In all of those situations and others, our experienced physicians are here to guide you through the process.
The first step is to schedule an evaluation at our practice. This initial in-person visit currently costs $225 at our practice, which is not charged if you do not end up qualifying for marijuana in our state. There is a medical team follow-up that costs $125. There will also be State and practice fees when you renew your medical marijuana recommendation (which is called a prescription in some other states).
When you pay for our services, you are paying for experienced guidance as well as the cost of the services rendered. While some practices may make a marijuana recommendation and send you on your way, we are firmly committed to ongoing care. We follow up with you to make sure the product and dosing is working well. We make sure you know what to ask for and what you should choose from when you go to the dispensary. We're here for any questions you have about the process or the experience, and fine-tuning our recommendations to secure the pain relief you deserve.
People who qualify for marijuana in our state suffer from various maladies and ailments, such as:
- Chronic pain
- The symptoms and side effects of health problems like cancer, Parkinson's, ALS and PTSD
- Poor appetite
The above are several examples, but there are other symptoms that would qualify you. Rely on our team to make a determination and to explain next steps.
Contact Us Today To Learn More About How to Get a Card
If you are interested in obtaining Florida medical cannabis in 2020, please contact Access Marijuana RX at 727-209-5470. Our elegant, state-of-the-art practice is located in St. Petersburg, Florida. People visit us from across the region, including Tampa and surrounding cities.