Before the passage of Amendment 2, Florida law only allowed a limited group of people to obtain marijuana that was low in THC and high in CBD. Today, more patients than ever have the opportunity to seek medical cannabis therapy for pain and other symptoms related to a number of medical conditions.
To learn if you are eligible for medical marijuana, please contact Access Marijuana RX today at 727-209-5470 to schedule an initial medical evaluation with Florida Board of Health-certified physician Dr. Lora L. Brown. Our clinic in lovely St. Petersburg welcomes patients from Tampa and throughout Florida.
What Amendment 2 Means for Medical Marijuana
In November of 2016, voters in Florida passed a constitutional amendment that legalized the use of medical cannabis beyond the existing law that limited use to low-THC marijuana and a narrow group of patients. Amendment 2 allows a wide range of patients with debilitating medical conditions to legally access medical marijuana. With the recommendation of a state certified-physician, an individual may possess and use medical cannabis to treat the following medical conditions:
- Conditions related to aging
- Multiple sclerosis
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Crohn’s disease
Amendment 2 also permits the use of cannabis to treat other debilitating medical conditions of a similar kind or class as those specified above.
The Process for Obtaining Legal Medical Marijuana
The legal process to obtain medical marijuana in Florida involves:
- The diagnosis of a debilitating medical condition
- A medical evaluation by a Florida Board of Health-certified physician
- Your physician will enter you into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry
- You may take your medical marijuana ID card once it is processed and obtain the specified amount of medical marijuana from your chosen dispensary
- You will receive a medical marijuana card in the mail, however you may obtain marijuana from a dispensary using only a Florida identification card once you have been entered into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry
- Enrollment in the Medical Marijuana Use Registry must be updated quarterly. You will need to conduct a follow-up visit with your physician every 90 days to renew your ability to access and use medical marijuana
Medical Marijuana Use Registry
The Medical Marijuana Registry is an online database for registered MMJ doctors and qualified patients. It is only accessible to the Office of Medical Marijuana Use staff, dispensary staff, certified physicians and law enforcement.
Legal Medical Marijuana Products
It is still illegal to smoke marijuana in Florida. If you are entered onto the Medical Marijuana Use Registry, you must use cannabis through the following methods:
- Orals (capsules and other edibles)
Contact Access Marijuana RX Now
Your first step toward medical marijuana therapy begins with an appointment with Dr. Lora L. Brown. To learn if cannabis is an appropriate treatment for your medical condition and symptoms, please call AMRX today at 727-209-5470 to schedule an initial evaluation. We help patients throughout Florida, including St. Petersburg and Tampa.